The Tri-County Board of Recovery and Mental Health Services will assist with facilitating these conversations. Schools in Darke, Miami and Shelby Counties have been contacted about scheduling Start Talking! meetings.
The Tri-County Board will:
- Facilitate evening meetings with parents of middle school and high school students.
- Provide a panel of local professionals to answer parents’ questions about opiate abuse, prevention and treatment.
- Distribute literature highlighting local resources and additional information.
- Present the short video “Parents360 Rx” with facilitated conversations afterward.
- Discuss ways parents can continue the campaign by hosting their own Parents360 Rx meetings.
Host sites are asked to:
- Schedule a date or dates that you could provide evening meeting space for 90 minutes
- Send through your normal communication methods (email, take-home flier, One Call Now) notice of the meeting, when scheduled
- Provide a screen and internet connection (we can provide laptop and LCD projector, if necessary)
To arrange for a moderated conversation in your school or organization, email or call Brad Reed, Director of Community Resource Development, 937-335-7727, ext. 209.