What led to the creation of the PowerUp Workforce | Darke County pilot project?
- As the Darke County Chamber of Commerce and its many partners began to form the Coalition for Healthy Darke County, we heard from businesses that they routinely had difficulty filling positions because applicants couldn’t pass pre-employment drug screenings. We wanted to get to the bottom of this issue and identify ways the Coalition could help.
- The goal of this survey is to get a better understanding of the impact substance use is having on the Darke County workforce and use the results to help identify strategies to help grow the drug-free workforce in our county.
- To develop useful strategies, we need data about the perceptions, attitudes, knowledge and practices of businesses as they relate to preventing and addressing substance abuse in the workplace and workforce.
- To accurately reflect the opinions and actions in our county, we need a minimum of 311 completed surveys.
- If you receive an emailed invitation to take the survey, please complete it. If you have NOT received an invitation or know a group of businesses we should include in the survey, please contact me.
- Once all the data is collected, Working Partners®, with the help of a survey methodologist, will analyze the data and provide a report we can use to help direct our future efforts
- We anticipate receiving the final report and exploring next steps to help the community in the beginning of 2018.