Under the general supervision from the Crisis Services Supervisor the Hotline Staff Member is responsible for providing short-term intervention and crisis management by telephone as part of the 24/7 Behavioral Health Hotline serving Darke, Miami and Shelby counties. All procedures related to the crisis intervention and management including, but not limited to, suicide prevention intervention, appropriate linkages to all needed services and other community resources, information and referral and linkage to immediate psychiatric and medical services when necessary are key components of this position.
1. Answers the Crisis Hotline and provides crisis intervention and referrals/linkage to any person, regardless of race, creed, or color.
2. Documents call specifics in accordance with agency standards.
3. Maintains ongoing knowledge of clients at risk as well as clients identified by local agencies as needing specific recommendations/treatment through Crisis Alert documentation.
4. Provides appropriate linkages to all needed services and maintains knowledge of available community resources in areas such as emergency housing, behavioral health supports, and substance use disorder treatment options.
5. Provides access to Mobile Therapists for pre-hospitalization screening services as requested by law enforcement, hospital emergency department personnel, jails and/or detention centers.
6. Provides behavioral health hotline services as part of the Tri-County Board of Recovery and Behavioral Health's emergency crisis plan for Champaign, Darke, Logan, Miami and Shelby counties.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
1. Working knowledge of behavioral health symptoms and how they present in crisis situations.
2. Knowledge of the impact behavior health illness has on functioning and behavior, crisis response procedures, de-escalation techniques and understanding of how his or her behavior can impact the behavior of individuals with behavior illness.
3. Ability to quickly establish and engage a mentally ill person.
4. Ability to promote and maintain mutual working relationships with co-workers and various agencies and community groups.
5. Knowledge of community resources available to clients served.
6. Computer skills/ proficiency
The Hotline Staff Member must possess a minimum of High School Diploma or GED with related experience. Associate Degree in Social Services, Behavioral Health Technology or related field is preferred. Must receive training or education in behavioral health competencies as deemed appropriate by the agency and Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services to be considered a Qualified Behavioral Health Specialist if they are not otherwise designated as a provider and are not required to perform duties covered under the scope of practice according to Ohio professional licensure.
Recovery & Wellness Centers of Midwest Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a friendly work environment with an opportunity to grow both personally and professionally!
Apply today! https://www.recoveryandwellnessohio.org/careers.html